Who We Are
A United Methodist Congregation in the Metro District of the Western North Carolina Annual Conference. Our mission is to make Disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We have a Salisbury address, but are closer to Rockwell.
The "Rocks" Church
The first building was completed round 1888 and was in constant use until 1951. For more than 60 years a small plain structure served the social and religious life of people in a large rural area. This one-room church was furnished with adequate but limited pulpit furniture, an organ and later a piano, home made pews and a store. Electrical lights were added around 1940.
From the handful of neighbors who were part of the first brush harbor meeting in the "Rocks" community, to those who built, attended Sunday School and worship, this community of faith has been blessed by grace upon grace.
The first service was held in the new sanctuary on Sunday, November 29, 1953. This church is adequate for public worship and a constructive, forward-looking program of Christian education for years to come.
Christmas Program: Part 1- Senior youth and their leaders!